Components-BUILDING BASIC SKILLS
Components of BUILDING BASIC SKILLS
Click any underlined link to see a miniature score or samples the teaching aids.
Manual for the Director
BUILDING BASIC SKILLS (2 octaves) DT-3009 - $27.00
Click here for a summary of topics introduced in each lesson.
- Provides a clear guide for new directors who have been drafted to “start a chime group”
even though they have little or no musical training and/or have never taught beginners
- Is a “ready to use” set of materials for experienced directors who have the knowledge
but don’t have the time to search for and assemble a set of sequential lessons
- Shows all pertinent information directly before each musical selection
- Includes specific directions for full score and individual parts where necessary
- Specifies the code number of the corresponding flash card for each new musical term
- Supplies the melody for pieces scored as chordal accompaniments
- Lists a summary of new concepts at the end of each chapter
- Is published as a set of loose-leaf, pre-punched sheets for a director's notebook
Book for the Ringers
BUILDING BASIC SKILLS (2 octaves) DT-3010 - $8.95
- Full score (normal bell music)
- Large, easy-to-read print
- Pieces are numbered sequentially throughout to avoid confusion
- Booklet of 32 pages is stapled for stability and pre-punched for notebooks
- Helps the new ringer learn the two basic notes
of the ringing position
- Notes requiring a flat or sharp are introduced as altered
notes that must be substituted for the basic note
Individual Parts are NOT available for the 2-octave book.
Flash Cards - DT-3004 - $19.95 (Printed on 8.5 x 11 card stock)
(This set of cards works for both books.)
- Designed to coordinate sequentially with this method book
- Contain a flash card for each musical term introduced
- Illustrate concepts on treble clef, bass clef, and grand staff when appropriate
- Focus the ringer's attention on the specific concept
- Are large and easy for ringers to see at the table
Click here to see sample copies of some of the flash cards from this set.
SPECIAL NOTE: The 2-octave book has 4 more pages and introduces a few more concepts.
The extra flash cards for these additional concepts are included with the 2-octave Director's Manual.
Click here to see these additional flash cards.
Note Reading Worksheets - DT-3005 - $17.50
(These reproducible worksheets are useable with either book.)
- Enable ringers to learn all the note names instead of only their two notes
- Facilitate learning because students
- Use worksheets focused on naming notes
- Are not confused by trying to sort out individual notes in bell music full of big chords
- Provide ample drill on each concept of learning note names
Click here to see sample copies of some of the worksheets.
Director's 3-Piece Pack is NOT available for the 2-octave book.
Page updated on
January 2, 2014